It’s 2015, and we’re planning another fun year of parrot head fellowship, camaraderie, and fun! If you’re on the fence about membership, consider this:
The easiest way to make this decision is to carefully review the following statements…
- I am definitely growing older, but not up.
- I feel like shooting six holes in my freezer by November.
- I’m still trying to reason with the hurricane season.
- I’ve got a bartender ear and a beachcomber style.
- I want to live happily ever after every now and then.
- Will you play for gumbo.
- I have a cousin in Miami.
- Vampires, mummies, and the Holy Ghost scare me the most.
- I go to a Jimmy Buffett concert almost every year.
- I’ve perfected living and dying in ¾ time.
- I always consider a vacation in Key West a pilgrimage.
- My favorite meal is a cheeseburger in paradise.
- My second favorite meal is oysters and beer (every day of the year).
- My favorite dessert is fruitcake.
- My favorite bumper sticker is “Jimmy Buffett for President.”
- My second favorite bumper sticker is “Don’t blame me, I voted for Jimmy Buffett.”
- I know where that one particular harbour is, but I ain’t tellin’.
- My summer concert wardrobe consists mainly of Hawaiian shirts.
- My favorite car/boat/kitchen accessory is a blender.
- One of my children is named either Jimmy, Savannah Jane, Sarah Delaney or Cameron Marley.
If you answered any of the above statements with a positive response, there’s a darn good chance you’ll be a perfect fit for the CPHC!
The Chesapeake Parrot Head Club (CPHC) and its parent organization, Parrot Heads in Paradise, Inc. (PHIP), are non-profit organizations whose purposes are to assist in community and environmental concerns and provide a variety of social activities for people with similar interests. If you decide to join, you’ll be a member of one of the best Parrot Head Clubs in the more than 160-club network. We are dedicated to performing charitable and community service activities while having a good time.
The CPHC offers a wide-range of activities and types of memberships to fit your needs. A single membership is $20/year and a family membership is $30/year (2 cards/1 address; extra cards $5 per person). We also have business memberships for businesses that cater to Parrot Heads. To join, just go http://www.chesapeakephc.org/membership/dues/, and pay online by Paypal, or you can download the CPHC Membership Application, print out a copy of the form, fill out the form, and send it along with your check, made payable to CPHC, to the address noted below. When the membership committee receives your application, we’ll add you to the club’s e-mail list where you’ll receive regular Club updates with news and information about Jimmy Buffett, his concert tours, members of the Coral Reefers, CPHC activities, and area and national Parrot Head events. If you want CPHC membership cards, please include a SASE (self-addressed, stamped envelope) with your CPHC Membership Application and send to:
6271 Firethorn Lane
Clarksville, MD 21029
Note: You will receive 2 membership cards for a family membership. If you want additional cards, add $5 per card and include the name(s) you want on the additional card(s). Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery.
P.S. Please feel free to share with anyone you feel is “growing older but not up”. Our goal is to expand our club this year!